New Student Online Student Registration (2016-2017)
New Student Online Registration (below) is for students enrolling MID-YEAR 2016-17, to attend school for the current school year only.
If you are looking to apply to a school or program of choice or make a transfer request for the 2017-2018 school, please visit www.gpisd.org/apply.
*Parents of prekindergarten students must complete an application before registering your child*
What is Skyward Family Access?
Skyward Family Access is the Parent Portal that is associated with the GPISD Skyward Student Information System. A Link to Skyward Family Access is located on the GPISD Homepage under the Quick Links tab.
Items Required for New Student Enrollment:
- Withdrawal papers from previous school (academic/discipline)
- Last report cards or transcripts will be accepted
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Shot Records
- Proof of residency
- Gas, electric, or water bill
- Apartment or rent house lease with names of residents listed
- Parent driver's license/ID
New to District
New Student Online Enrollment
You will need to complete New Student Online Enrollment if:
- Your student did not attend a school in a GPISD through the end of the 2015-2016 school year.
- Your student is of age to enroll for the first time and did not complete the enrollment process in Spring of 2016.
- Your student is enrolling in GPISD because they are moving from another Texas Public School District or Charter School.
- Your student is an approved out of district transfer student that did not complete the enrollment process in Spring of 2016 .
- Your student attended GPISD in the past but withdrew from the district and is now returning. Parent does not have an active Skyward Family Access account through GPISD.
Returning Student Registration through Skyward Family Access
Registration is the process where parents or guardians of returning students verify the information that is on file for the student with GPISD and sign off on the current year required forms.
You will need to complete Returning Student Registration if:
- Your student was enrolled in a GPISD school through the end of the prior school year.
- Your student was accepted to a School of Choice in Spring of 2016 and you completed Enrollment paperwork at that time.
Adding New Student through Skyward Family Access
You will need to complete New Student Online Enrollment through Skyward Family Access if:
- If the parent has an active Skyward Family Access account as a result of having other students active in GPISD.
- An additional student is being enrolled for the first time.
- An additional student was enrolled in GPISD in the past but was not active on the last day of school for 2015-2016.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. We just moved to Grand Prairie and my children have never attended a Grand Prairie ISD school at any time. How may I enroll my children into a Grand Prairie ISD school?
Because your students are new to the district you will need to enroll them using the New Student Online Enrollment link located on the GPISD website at www.gpisd.org. You will then need to visit each of the campuses that the students will attend and take with you the following documents:
- Proof of Residency – Proof of residency is required for all new students. Acceptable proof of residency documents includes: current month’s gas bill, water bill, electric bill, lease/mortgage agreement.
- Original birth certificate
- Social security card for the student
- Current immunization records
- Withdrawal form/most recent report card and high school transcript from prior school attended.
2. My children were enrolled in Grand Prairie ISD last year, but withdrew before the end of the year. I do not currently have any student enrolled in GPISD and I do not have an active Skyward Family Access account. What do I need to do to enroll them?
If your children withdrew prior to the end of the year, we were required to inactivate them upon their withdrawal. Your children are considered “New Students” and you will need to follow the steps in question 1.
3. My children are former Grand Prairie ISD students but did not attend a Grand Prairie school last year. I do not currently have any student enrolled in GPISD and I do not have an active Skyward Family Access account. This coming school year they will be returning to a Grand Prairie ISD school. What do I need to do to enroll them?
If your children did not attend a Grand Prairie school last year, they are not “returning students”. Your children are considered “New Students” and will need enroll following the steps in question 1.
4. I currently have an active student attending a school in GPISD, therefore I have an active Skyward Family Access Account. I have another child that did not attend a school in GPISD in the past. How do I enroll this child?
Because you have an active Skyward Family Access account you will need to enroll the new student through that Skyward Family Access account. Log into Skyward Family Access and click on Open Family Access and then click on New Student Online Enrollment button to begin the enrollment process. You will need to visit the campus and take the required documents.
5. My child is currently enrolled in a district other than Grand Prairie ISD but applied for a GPISD School of Choice during the Spring of 2016 and was accepted into a School of Choice. I visited that school during the spring and completed the enrollment process and provided all of the necessary documentation. Do I need to completed the New Student Online enrollment at this time?
No. If your student has already been enrolled for the 2017 school year by the School of Choice you will need to compete the Returning Student Registration through your Skyward Family Access account.
6. When will the online system be available for me to use?
The New Student Online Enrollment process will be available on August 1, 2016. It is available online 24 hours a day.
7. I do not have a computer and/or internet access at home. Can I still enroll my child?
Yes, you may use any computer with internet access at any location. The best thing to do is to visit the campus and complete your information on a school computer. Alternatively, you may use any available computer with internet access to complete an application (such as a friend or family member).
8. When and where can I go for help with on-line enrollment?
Each campus will have computers set up for you to use during normal operating hours.
9. Once I complete the enrollment forms online, am I finished with the enrollment process?
No. Once you have completed the online enrollment, either through the New Student Online Enrollment portal or through Skyward Family Access, you are required to go to the campus during the designated times to complete the enrollment process. You must bring all of the required documents to this meeting and the school enrollment personnel will verify the documents along with the online enrollment application. School personnel will need to scan the documents.
10. What if I do not want to submit anything online? Will paper enrollment be available?
No. GPISD will be utilizing the online enrollment forms which must be completed by the parent or guardian and verified by campus personnel before the student may be officially enrolled. You may complete the online forms at any location with a computer with internet access. If you need assistance, we will have computers and staff available on each campus.
11. Will my information be secure?
Yes. The information is uploaded through a secure, encrypted website. However, you must click the log out button at the end of your session. You must also remember to keep your user name and password secure.
12. Whom do I call with questions about the Online Registration Process?
You can contact your campus or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask any general questions about the form or the Online Registration process.