Pre-K and Kindergarten
Pre K Teachers: Amaya Andujar, Carolina Portales
Kindergarten Teachers: Arelene Carr, Stephanie Collazo, Jacquelyn Chovanec, Nancy DeCamps, Clara Thate, Christina Venegas, Nancy Weiss
Come visit kindergarten at de Zavala Elementary! You will see active learning in the four classrooms through language activities, word walls, big books, poems, calendar activities, math manipulatives, learning centers, and more. We are very proud of our kindergarten program at de Zavala , and encourage each of you to stop by for a visit.
- Be on time to school. Students are late after the 8:10 bell.
- Be at school everyday, unless running a fever or have a contagious infection.
- Read to your child every day.
- Students have homework each week on the focus letters.
- Students need pencils, crayons, scissors and glue at home to complete homework assignments.
- Check and sign your child's red folder everyday.
- Remove notes and papers that do not need to be returned to school.
- Please put lunch/snack money in your child's account instead of sending money each day.