APPLICATION AND AUDITION INFORMATION FOR 2017-2018
The application will open on October 31, 2016. Auditions for the 2017-2018 school year will take place for in-district students on December 10, 2016.
Students must be academically acceptable before receiving an invitation to audition. Upon academic verification, parents will be contacted via email to schedule an appointment.
The audition requirements for each strand are listed below. Students have the option to audition for two strands. If the student is selected for both, he/she will be placed in their first choice.
Academic Eligibility Requirements:
Pass with an average of 80 in All Core Classes (ELA, Math, Social Studies, Science)
90% Attendance rate for the current year
Passed all areas of the State Assessments (STAAR / EOC) in the last administration
Positive discipline record for the current year
- October 31, 2016: Applications open for in-district students to apply to GPFAA
- December 2, 2016: Notification of December auditions
- December 10, 2016: Auditions for all strands (in-district only)
- December 16, 2016: Notification of acceptance or denial to GPFAA sent to applicants
- January 13, 2017: GPFAA Applications close
- February 3, 2017:Notification of February auditions
- February 11, 2017: Auditions for (Dance & Theatre Strands)
- February 18, 2017: Auditions for (Visual Arts, Mariachi, Vocal Music, Orchestra, and Jazz Band)
- February 24, 2017: Notification of acceptance or denial to GPFAA sent to applicants