The 5th grade teachers would like to make you aware of our homework expectations for the year. Your child will have homework in both reading and math each night, Monday-Thursday, this year. If this should change we will make you aware of those changes in advance, either by communication in student agenda's or via Skyward e-mail.
Students will be expected to read for 20 minutes each night in addition to paper and pencil homework. They will be provided a specific printed book to read. On Friday students will take a timed test over the book they have been reading each day. This test will help us to check both their fluency and comprehension.
5th Grade TPS Leadership Compact
(Teacher Parent Student)
1) Students will adhere to the 5th grade Code of Cooperation
Code of Cooperation
Say please and Thank you
Make Friends and be thoughtful
Arrive on Time and be prepared and ready to learn
Respect yourself and Others
Try your Best
1) Teachers will communicate with parents through agenda and/or Skyward e-mail. Please notify the school of any information changes that need to be made to Skyward. Please insure that you have a working e-mail on file in the Skyward system.
2) Teacher will post grades once a week.
3) Teacher will communicate progress throughout the year as assessments are given.
4) Teacher will communicate discipline concerns through the agenda or parents e-mail in a timely manner.
5) Teacher will partner with parents for student success.